[Standards] Tags and Pubsub subscriptions in XEP-0048 (Bookmarks)

Jaussoin Timothée edhelas at movim.eu
Tue Mar 25 08:28:27 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'd like to make a few changes on the XEP-0048. With the recent
implementation of the Pubsub features in my client I noticed that there
are no way to save and centralize the subscribed Pubsub nodes on the
XMPP server.

My proposal is quite simple. Take the "subscription" tag used in the
XEP-0330 (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0330.html) to store the
informations of the subscribed node and put them in Bookmark items.

Furthermore it would be great to add some tags on the Bookmark items to
organize and filter them.

All theses changes can be found in the enclosed XEP-0048 patch.

Regards,

Jaussoin Timothée