[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Rayo Clustering

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri May 2 13:29:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> Title: Rayo Clustering

Question for the authors, because it's not clear to me.

We have tended to shy away from standardising clustering protocols, as
these are perceived as being an implementation detail, rather than
needed for interop between different implementations; is the purpose
of this proposal that independent implementations will be run in a
heterogeneous cluster, and if so how likely is this to happen?

/K