[Standards] Fwd: Minutes 2014-04-23

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Fri May 2 13:45:53 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Smith
Date: Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Minutes 2014-04-23
To: XMPP Council

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2014-04-23/
>
> 1) Roll call.
> Lance, Philipp, Matt, Kev present. Tobias absent.
>
> 2) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/signing-forms.html
> Accept as Experimental
>
> No objection from Lance. Others have a fortnight to object.

Temporarily -1 on the basis that I don't think the preamble with links
to opinion pieces on blogs is appropriate.

Not objecting to the proposal itself, but I'm not at all convinced
that use of this for IBR would be a good idea.

> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/rayo-clustering.html
> Accept as Experimental
>
> Lance/Philipp to post their objections to the council/standards lists.

I'd like my position to count as -1 for the moment, but I might change
my mind if a convincing argument is made on-list why clustering should
be standardised.

/K