[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Rayo Clustering

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Fri May 2 13:51:30 UTC 2014

The idea is that implementations of gateways and nodes may be completed
independently. There certainly is a requirement for Supplier A's gateway to
be used with Supplier B's nodes, however. This requires the protocol
between nodes and gateways to be specified.

It is intended that nodes might additionally be used in heterogeneous
clusters, but I admit there is not an urgent requirement for this.