[Standards] Field Standardization for http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#publish-options

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 20:21:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

XEP-0060 specifies Field Standardization for publish-options with only one field ("pubsub#access_model“):

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#registrar-formtypes-publish (16.4.5).

However, XEP-0222 and XEP-0223 uses more fields for the "http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#publish-options“ form type:
pubsub#persist_items
pubsub#send_last_published_item
pubsub#access_model
pubsub#roster_groups_allowed

What does it mean? Is XEP-0060 lacking some fields or are those configuration forms just very liberal and/or service dependant?

E.g. if I include "pubsub#persist_items“ in the publish options, I am using a non-standardized field (as per XEP-0060) and theoretically can’t be sure, that the server interprets it right.
On the other hand I am encouraged to do so as per XEP-0222.

Can configuration forms be "extended" at will?

Some clarification is appreciated.

And btw: <publish-options> is missing in the XML schema in XEP-0060.

— Christian