[Standards] XEP-0313 v0.2 vs v0.3

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 14:23:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Stefan Strigler
<stefan.strigler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everbody!
>
> Can someone please enlighten me why the section on archiving messages esp
> the requirement to have
>
>   <archived by='juliet at capulet.lit' id='28482-98726-73623' />
>
> added to the message got removed at v0.3? I have a use case where this would
> be very useful to know...

Sorry Stefan, looks like I didn't reply to this.

In the 0.3 updates I couldn't come up with any use case involving the
archived tag that wasn't ultimately broken in some way, so removing it
seemed better than having people try to use it and not realise that
what they were doing was broken.

What's the use case you've got for it?

/K