[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: namespace delegation

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Tue Nov 18 18:41:19 UTC 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 07:37 schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:

> Title: namespace delegation
>
> Abstract: This specification provides a way for XMPP server to delegate treatments for a namespace to an other entity

> The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this proposal as an official XEP.

example 1:
     <query xmlns='urn:xmpp:delegation:0' type='request'
         delegation='admin'>

Does this really have to use query + type=request?
     <request xmlns=urn:xmppp:delegation:0' delegation='admin'>

same example:
         <delegate namespace='jabber:iq:roster'/>

How about reusing what we have in disco, i.e.
         <feature var='jabber:iq:roster'/>

 > 4.2 Server Forwards Delegated <iq/> Stanza

In one direction the stanza goes via the server
Juliet -> capulet -> pubsub.capulet

and in the other it goes directly to juliet
pubsub.capulet -> Juliet
and is also stamped with a from=pubsub.capulet. I think that's not going
to work for cases where the client checks the from in addition to the iq id.

mattj/kev: does xep-0297 work for <iq/>? Alternatively I think one can
do some iq-id-mangling to encode the resource in a way such that routing
via capulet.lit still works.