[Standards] draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-10

Peter Saint-Andre - &yet peter at andyet.net
Wed Oct 8 17:15:22 UTC 2014

On 10/8/14, 11:04 AM, drichards at coversant.com wrote:
> Section 3.2 of draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-xx specifies that data frames
> must be of type text and contain UTF-8 encoded data.  Was there some
> reason for this since it makes XMPP stream compression not usable?

Hi Dave,

I think we'd recommend doing compression at the HTTP layer, just as for
WebSocket we're doing security at the HTTP layer.

Also, the spec has been approved for publication and is in the RFC
Editor queue so it's too late to change it:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket/

And xmpp at ietf.org is the right list for IETF specs. :-)

https://andyet.com/