[Standards] draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-10

drichards at coversant.com drichards at coversant.com
Wed Oct 8 18:33:40 UTC 2014

Thanks - it would have been helpful to put in some statement to that effect.
What was the intent?  The websocket is not HTTP so the HTTP CONTENT-ENCODING
should not apply to the websocket.  The next option would be the websocket
extension mechanism but although RFC 6455 alludes to compression, there is
no compression extension (or any other type) listed in the registry.  Seems
there isn't really a current option for compression or am I missing
something?