[Standards] draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-10

Florian Zeitz florob at babelmonkeys.de
Thu Oct 9 01:00:01 UTC 2014

On 08.10.2014 20:42, drichards at coversant.com wrote:

> [...]

I don't know what you found, but the latest approach for WebSocket
compression within the hybi WG appears to be
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression>. It
provides a general framework for compression, and registers one specific
extension using DEFLATE.

The plan for XMPP over WS was indeed always to use such an extension for
compression, if required. As no finished draft exists/existed it seems
sensible that no reference to this was included. I generally think this
is a concern of the WebSocket implementation, and not the XMPP mapping.

Regards,
Florian Zeitz