[Standards] draft-ietf-xmpp-websocket-10

Hund, Johannes johannes.hund at siemens.com
Fri Oct 10 06:55:21 UTC 2014

The current XEP is of course geared towards TCP/TLS connection and forsees two Mechanisms:

-        Different exi-specific port

-        Reopening the stream in-band (reusing compression semantic)

The second one would be possible technically, yet would violate the RFC.
But you’re right, the first one would still work (using your suggestion).