[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0322 (Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format)

Yusuke DOI yusuke.doi at toshiba.co.jp
Tue Oct 21 07:18:07 UTC 2014

Sorry for late response...

> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?

I believe yes.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?

Yes. IoT-related items can work very efficiently over the protocol.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?

Partially yes. A student's open-sourced code (though, not fully-working
yet) is on https://github.com/akari-h/nex

I've not noticed at the point of writings. I'd read the comments
carefully...

I welcome any comments.

Yusuke