[Standards] Advancing XEP-0280 Carbons

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Apr 2 11:01:35 UTC 2015

On 2 Apr 2015, at 09:08, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> <iq type='set'>
>   <enable xmlns='urn:xmpp:carbons:2' adv:xmlns='urn:xmpp:carbons:advanced:0'>
>     <adv:reflection/>
> <adv:archive-id/>
> <adv:msgtype type='groupchat'/>
> <adv:msgtype type='normal'/>
> <adv:msgtype type='chat'/>
> </enable>
> </iq>

This looks sensible enough as a starting point for how to configure Carbons, but I’m not sure why we need to have a new XEP to give us the second half of Carbons. Carbons is Experimental, if we establish that there are shortcomings in it, we can just push out a new namespace for the new version, and it doesn’t break any of the existing systems that implement the current namespace.

/K