[Standards] ProtoXEP - Namespaces in XMPP

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Apr 7 15:23:34 UTC 2015

Folks,

I found myself in error about our namespaces recently, and noticed another
misconception floating about. While looking for a useful explanation of how
and why our slightly weird-looking namespaces work, I found this:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2011-May/024561.html

So I'd somehow written one about 4 years ago, and failed to submit it
properly for some reason (it went to standards@, but nowhere else). It has
a co-authorship of Peter; I've no idea whether he helped write it or if I
just lifted some of his text.

So, copying the editors, I hereby [re-]submit the XEP, and shamefully can't
quite recall if all the IPR is mine or if some of it might be Peter's.

Dave.