[Standards] DRAFT: XEP-0319 (Last User Interaction in Presence)

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:42:57 UTC 2015

Hi Christian, hi Kim,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Kim Alvefur <zash at zash.se> wrote:

> On 2015-04-09 21:54, Christian Schudt wrote:
> > 2. XEP-0256 should be updated (Appendix A): „superseded by XEP-0319“. Or
> will it become deprecated or what happens with it?
>
> Does superseding happen at Draft or Final?

This does not seem to be defined in XEP-0001. At least I did not find
anything specific about when it is supposed to happen.

> > 3. XML Schema is missing.
>
> Indeed.

I've just added the XML Schema. Feel free to review:
https://gitorious.org/xmpp/xmpp/commit/ad8bc9066902a6e56112b60eb8bb5f5b9b4b3572

> > 4. „Determing Support“ is missing. I am not sure, if it’s necessary at
> all (because there’s no real interaction), but most other XEP’s have this.
>
> I don't think this protocol needs this.  Entities that receive the
> extension and don't understand it MUST ignore it.

Completely agree here. I can not think of an UX or protocol issue that
would be solved by knowing the other party supports this XEP or not before
actually receiving an idle-annotated stanza.

Cheers,
Tobias