[Standards] off-server archives with MAM

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sat Apr 18 09:03:15 UTC 2015

On 18 Apr 2015 03:58, "Peter Saint-Andre - &yet" <peter at andyet.net> wrote:
> Ideally, to me, my message archive would be stored on a trusted device
that is under my control (say, a limited-access storage medium that I keep
in my house). This device could authenticate to my account and advertise
its existence to my other resources. Using Carbons (XEP-0280) it could
obtain copies of all the messages I send and receive. When one of my
messaging devices wants to retrieve message history, it would do so by
querying this trusted storage device, not the server (which only handles
messages for purposes of realtime delivery).

> I would really like to see the wording in XEP-0313 adjusted to take this
scenario into account. I am happy to propose text.

Between XEP-0355 and carbons, I think you're covered already, at first
thought.

Dave.