[Standards] Nonzas: What are they and do we need them?

Peter Saint-Andre - &yet peter at andyet.net
Mon Apr 20 16:28:37 UTC 2015

On 4/20/15 7:27 AM, Florian Schmaus wrote:
> In order to make the following easier, I'd first like to define the term
> Nonza:
>
> A Nonza is every top level XMPP stream element which is not a Stanza.
> (see also [1]).

Thanks for the fun neologism. :-) Now we just need to figure out what a
"wowza" is...

> To my best knowledge, Nonzas which are exchanged after resource binding,
> are currently used in xep198

I think nonzas make sense in stream management because you don't want
your counters to get mixed up with the things you're counting.

> and xep352.

I don't see a good reason to use nonzas for indicating client state.

https://andyet.com/