[Standards] XEP-0033 Extended Stanza addressing: Directed presence use case

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Tue Aug 4 20:45:05 UTC 2015

On 04.08.2015 19:35, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
> I hope it makes sense to you :)

Yep. At first I was thinking that triggering the unavailable presence to
the xep33 service could become an issue. But after looking again at
xep33 examples and thinking a bit more about it, I'm more and more
convinced that it will/could work. Mostly because from the user's server
perspective the xep33 presence sent to the xep33 service is just an
ordinary directed presence. And thus the unavailable presence will be
send by the users server if the client goes offline (not matter if it's
a clean termination of the c2s connection or an abrupt one).

It really seems like a xep33 service needs to keep track of presence
sessions established via xep33 broadcasted presences, similar to what
servers are required to do as per rfc6121 § 4.6. If we find this to be
true, then it should be stated in xep33.

- Florian