[Standards] undefined state in XEP-0050

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Thu Aug 6 15:42:25 UTC 2015

G'day,

there is a little issue with XEP-0050: in section 3.4 bullet 3, it's is
said that when the <actions/> element is present:

	- The action "execute" is always allowed, and is equivalent to the
action "next".
	- The "next" action is typically the "next" button or option in a
wizard. If <next/> is not contained by the <actions/>, it is disabled.

So if "next" action is disabled, execute is allowed but equivalent to a
disabled action.

I have had an issue which seems related to this confusion with SleekXMPP
and Gajim: if the next action is disabled in sleekXMPP, Gajim still show
the "execute" button, but a click on it result in an error, while the
"finish" button act as expected.

My guess is that "execute" should be equivalent to "complete" when
"next" is not possible (but what if "complete" is disabled too ?).

Cheers
Goffi