[Standards] XMPP Myths

Dominik Renzel renzel at dbis.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 11 16:51:30 UTC 2015

Am 10.08.2015 um 22:12 schrieb Dave Cridland:
> On 10 August 2015 at 17:02, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>

>> It's here: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/index.php?title=Myths
>>

> I've added "Myth Five : XMPP is unsuited to the web."

Also here, our collection at xmppresearch.org includes more than 30
papers on using XMPP in Web contexts. Just search for "Web" and see the
titles.

There are works that use XMPP 1) as primary driving protocols of
concrete real-time Web apps, 2) together with WebRTC for the same
purpose 3) for coordinating cloud servers, that in turn serve Web apps,
4) as drivers of development frameworks for collaborative Web apps.

About JS libs: I know for sure that strophe.js supported early versions
of the XMPP over WebSocket specs (now RFC7395). Don't know if they
followed up to the most recent version, though.

Dominik