[Standards] Move Carbons to Last Call ("Proposed")

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Aug 11 17:30:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'd like to propose that the Council vote to move XEP-0280: Message
Carbons into last call (the "Proposed State"), and then hopefully into
draft afterwards.

The XEP has been sitting dormant since it was last updated on
2013-10-17, but like CSI which I brought up a few weeks ago, it is
being actively used by clients and is not abandoned. It is widely
supported by clients (Conversations, Mcabber, Gajim, etc.) despite
being experiemental, and works well today. While MAM may eventually
provide a replacement for it, this will mostly likely happen much
further down the road, at which point MAM may supercede it. I see no
reason to block Carbons from advancing in the mean time, however.

In my opinion the XEP is ready for advancement to last call, and I'd
like to request that the council
take up this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Sam