[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Current Off-the-Record Messaging Usage

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Aug 11 22:30:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Chris Ballinger <chris at chatsecure.org> wrote:
> Awesome! I see you've adopted the "otr-fingerprint" scheme we've been using
> in the XMPP URIs for ChatSecure (and that have appeared in Conversations).
> :)

Yup, since they appeared in Conversation and ChatSecure I figured they
were worth mentioning.

> Andreas Straub has been doing amazing work integrating Axolotl into
> Conversations and it looks like he will be formalizing this work into an XEP
> as well: http://conversationsgsoc2015.blogspot.de/2015/08/week-10-beta.html

Indeed, I've been using that and considered adding a section at the
end of this informational XEP telling everyone to go look at his work
and stop implementing OTR. Once he gets the draft written up, I may do
it...

—Sam

--
Sam Whited