[Standards] Move Carbons to Last Call ("Proposed")

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 12 10:20:19 UTC 2015

* Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> [2015-08-12 10:54]:
> For MUC, I'll summarize our conversation online as servers already have to
> track directed presence to chatrooms; it should be relatively low-cost to
> check responses and mark those as chatrooms as needed, and then perform a
> lookup for Carbons purposes.

That way you can make sure a client won't receive carbons of PMs of MUCs
he's not joined to.  A remaining problem is that multiple clients might
be joined using the same nick name, in which case you don't know whether
the MUC service delivers PMs to all or just one of them.¹

Holger

¹ Cf. http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2015-May/029825.html