[Standards] Move Carbons to Last Call ("Proposed")

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Wed Aug 12 10:45:12 UTC 2015

On August 12, 2015 11:54:06 AM GMT+02:00, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>On 12 August 2015 at 09:01, Georg Lukas <georg at op-co.de> wrote:
>> The carbon relevant things from that list and from the last 0280
>advance
>> discussion are:
>>
>> * Carbons for non-"chat" messages. Jingle signalling of incoming
>calls
>>   to all interested clients was mentioned IIRC.
>>

>That use-case won't work anyway because Jingle calls are initiated with
>an
><iq/>.

I believe that's his point, that we currently have no way to do this properly. As has been suggested before, we may want to do something similar to Message Mine-ing (XEP-0259) for that, ahead of the actual Jingle call iq. Presumably that could work together with Carbons for the broadcasting bits.

--
ralphm