[Standards] Rayo feedback.

Ben Klang bklang at mojolingo.com
Fri Aug 14 19:24:07 UTC 2015

Thanks both Kevin and Ben for your work on these details.  The review makes the spec stronger, and I appreciate the thoughtful discussion.  At the moment, I have just one comment below:

> On Aug 14, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
>
> On 14 August 2015 at 06:26, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com <mailto:kevin.smith at isode.com>> wrote:
>
> > 3) 5.1.6 Is calling things Components the most useful terminology here, when Components have a well-established meaning in XMPP (and a RAYO server is likely to be such a component).
> >
> > These are asynchronous, independent resources attached to a call. The term "component" came up in the very first days of this specification and has stuck. I would be open to suggestions for an alternative term if it appropriately conveys the meaning, but one does not immediately come to mind.
>
> Would resource work? These things seem to be addressed by their resource part in the JID. Again, I think another opinion would be helpful.
>
> I'd be happy with resources, and will propose this change if someone else involved (Ben Klang, Chris Rienzo, Jose de Castro or Fippo) agrees.

On review, since we are mapping “Rayo Components” to JID Resources, I think aligning the names makes a lot of sense.  +1 from me on calling these Resources.

/BAK/