[Standards] Jingle refresh

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Wed Aug 19 08:18:04 UTC 2015

On 19/08/2015 03:55, Peter Saint-Andre - &yet wrote:
> Thanks mostly to feedback from Philipp Hancke (which he's detailed at
> <http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/User:Fippo> for posterity), I'm in the midst
> of updating the core Jingle specs: XEPs 166, 167, 176, and 177. Although
> much has changed in the audio/video world since the Jingle XEPs were
> advanced to Draft in 2009, especially the emergence of WebRTC, Jingle is
> still relevant and its use is not uncommon for media signaling in WebRTC
> applications (e.g., using the jingle.js library). Therefore it seems
> appropriate to give these specs a bit of a refresh, correct errors,
> harmonize them with documentation for trickle ICE
> (draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice) and newer IETF standards such as
> ICE-TCP, and so on.
>
> My goal is to finish the first round of edits by the end of August, then
> ask for wider feedback and review. If you know of issues beyond those
> catalogued at the URL noted above, please feel free to post to the
> standards at xmpp.org or jingle at xmpp.org discussion lists or to file issues
> in the XSF's GitHub repo at <https://github.com/xsf/xeps/>. The truly
> adventurous can watch the changes I'm making in my fork at
> <https://github.com/stpeter/xeps/tree/jingle-fixes>.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

As I said a couple of days ago on the room, I would be really happy to
see an URI scheme for jingle, specially for file transfer, I think it's
really lacking.
Actually, even for video call it would be useful: being apple to click
on a link on a webpage to make the XMPP client request the session would
be great.

Thanks
Goffi