[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Jingle HTTP Transport Method

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:32:29 UTC 2015

Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:48:41 +0200
Kim Alvefur <zash at zash.se> wrote:

> Didn't Jingle File Transfer support transfer of multiple files?

OK, probably it does. But it's still unclear how this will interact
with thumbnails. As I understand several files will be rejected at the
first step (only thumbnails are allowed), then, if a receiver desires,
the process should be repeated or what?

> As for sending a thumbnail, there is a XEP for that:
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0264.html

Deferred and supports bob only.

> Some of those are things that could be described in different XEPs
> that may or may not have been written yet.

But why should we write tons of XEPs which leads to overengineering
when we could just improve HTTP Upload proto-XEP?