[Standards] "I've read up to here" stanza?

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Aug 27 08:36:51 UTC 2015

I use Chat Markers (XEP-0333) for that. (I also get the carbon copy to my
own devices and can clear the notification (or scroll to the position or
whatever))

Georg at some point pointed out that Chat Markers are not meant to clear
your own notifications on your own devices (or set the scroll position) but
it works with Carbons and I don't see a reason why this should not be used
for this.

Oh and please let us not discuss about the general usefulness of such read
markers. I know some people hate them.

cheers
Daniel