[Standards] XMPP Myths

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:42:28 UTC 2015

Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:13:14 +0100
Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> The rest of these comments, though, I largely agree with - there's
> been talk of putting together both a new profile XEP, listing the
> things any "modern messaging app" should support, and also putting
> together a bunch of sensible tutorials. I think you're underlining
> how important those are.

I even think such list is more important than this FAQ. Also clients
compatibility list would be great. SIP folks are doing something like
that regularly (https://www.sipit.net/SIPitSummaries). XSF did that in
the past btw.

> but as I say, my Solitaire app uses more battery than
> my IM app on my phone even without such a spec. And I don't even play
> solitaire that much.

I think we should not compare the worst with XMPP. For example,
Whatsapp doesn't drain battery.