[Standards] namespace versioning for XEP-0176

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Tue Dec 15 08:29:32 UTC 2015

Am 15.12.2015 um 04:59 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
> On 12/10/15 9:10 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>>> WFM. I suppose the bigger change is going to be the addition of and
>>> end-of-candidates element?
>>
>> Yes, that is an informational message in the provisional text I am
>> working on. I would post an example but I am away from my computer
>> right now. :-)
>
> Here's that example:
>
> <iq from='juliet at capulet.example/yn0cl4bnw0yr3vym'
>      id='xv39z423'
>      to='romeo at montague.example/dr4hcr0st3lup4c'
>      type='set'>
>    <jingle xmlns='urn:xmpp:jingle:1'
>            action='transport-info'
>            initiator='romeo at montague.example/dr4hcr0st3lup4c'
>            sid='a73sjjvkla37jfea'>
>      <transport-state
>            xmlns='urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ice:info:0'
>            state='completed'/>
>    </jingle>
> </iq>

I think this needs to be wrapped in a <content/>
-- see how the trickle-ice (sip?) draft deals with mids.

transport-state is ambiguous. This is easy to misinterpret in the WebRTC
terminology since there is an ice connection state 'completed' as well
as an ice gathering state 'completed'.

    <gathering-complete xmlns=.../>

I doubt it is useful to signal other gathering states.