[Standards] NEW: XEP-0368 (SRV records for XMPP over TLS)

Travis Burtrum travis at burtrum.org
Wed Dec 16 03:53:41 UTC 2015

On 12/15/2015 03:58 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

I made the requested updates, sending the JID domain-part as the SNI
name, and changing the SRV names to _xmpps-*._tcp from _xmpp-*._tls.  I
also elaborated a bit more on the security/privacy differences between
this and STARTTLS.  And lastly I put in a blurb of interest to server
operators in the implementation notes about multiplexing.

If anyone is interested I also updated my Conversation's patch to
implement the latest version:
https://github.com/siacs/Conversations/pull/1371

Looking forward to more comments, thanks much!