[Standards] Hello

Ivan Vučica ivan at vucica.net
Mon Feb 9 13:32:25 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM, AliReza Mosajjal <alireza.root at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi
>
> I got a question regarding XMPP muc.
>
> I wanted to know if it's possible to add push-to-talk functionality to
> XMPP muc.

Voice conferencing functionality is described in XEP-0272:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0272.html (note that the XEP is deferred)

Push-to-talk would solely mean a difference in client-side UI and behavior.

> considering the voice is transferred peer-to-peer in XMPP,

It's not transferred at all in XMPP, per se, even in extensions I am aware
of (unless you'd count transfer of sound files in-band as useful).
Signaling is.

> is this something I should expect? Is there gonna be a plugin to change
> XMPP behavior in multi-user chats ?

I don't think this is something that needs to be formalized in a XEP.
Unless perhaps as MUC component's request for 'preferred' behavior of a
client in a multiparty Jingle session.