[Standards] XEP-0322: EXI for constrained processing environments

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Wed Jul 1 13:22:32 UTC 2015

Hi Dave,

> It's remarkable how small XML processors can be these days, but in any
> case, have you considered how encryption fits into this, or were you
> assuming a trusted network?

Have not (as is common with XMPP).  I can imagine that there would be
applications of constrained environments, possibly on trusted networks or
using ZigBee processors with hardware support for encryption.  In general,
I put up the desire of not wanting to get to EXI through fullblown XML to
at least not block such applications.

-Rick