[Standards] Resurrecting XEP-0298 aka COIN

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Jul 2 08:15:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’m writing upon Philipp Hacke’s request, since I’ve sent a PR to the new GitHub repository with an updated XEP-0298.

You can find the PR here: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/8

I did send this update previously (to Peter, IIRC) but it fell through the cracks and I didn’t follow up. Now that the XEPs are on GH it’s much easier :-) The updating work started after I talked with Emil Ivov about it, you can view the history here: https://github.com/emcho/coin/commits/master

He wanted me as a co-author, since I worked on an implementation of a SIP-XMPP gateway, so I did implement XEP-0298 and used it to exchange participants between a XMPP MUC and a SIP MSRP focus which used raw RFC4575 payloads.

For the curious, here are (some of) our design documents when creating such gateway: http://sylkserver.ag-projects.com/projects/sylkserver/wiki/DesignXMPP

Cheers,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé