[Standards] [editor] XEP-0082 errounously states that CCYY has four digits

Peter Saint-Andre - &yet peter at andyet.net
Thu Jul 2 17:42:24 UTC 2015

[ moving to standards at xmpp.org ]

On 4/20/15 7:08 AM, Florian Schmaus wrote:
> Dear authors for XEP-0082: XMPP Date and Time Profiles,
>
> please consider the attached patch to clarify that the 'CCYY' part may
> consists of more then four digits and may be prefixed with a minus sign,
> as specified by 'xs:dateTime' in http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime.

XMPP did not exist before 1999, so I don't think that the "CCYY"
construction in XEP-0082 needs to support prefixing with a minus sign
for time prior to the year 1 BCE.

As to years with more than 4 digits, those would be needed starting in
the year 10000. Although I see no harm in mentioning the possibility of
that, I doubt that XMPP will still be in use 7985 years from now. ;-)

https://andyet.com/