[Standards] XEP-0234 Jingle File Transfer 0.16

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Mon Jul 13 20:41:28 UTC 2015

On 07/13/2015 09:37 PM, Tobias Markmann wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Yann Leboulanger <asterix at lagaule.org
> <mailto:asterix at lagaule.org>> wrote:
>
>     As there is no other answer, I guess nobody is interested in this
>     topic. Sad but I'll stay with :3 then.
>

> Well.. there is http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/jingle-pub.html
> Would this cover your use case and would there be interest seeing it
> becoming an Experimental and then Draft standard?

Trying to think to the scenario (I probably miss things):

for the re-send feature:
this mean that when we send a file to a contact, we also create a node
that is accessible only by this contact (is that possible?) to which we
push a jinglepub with this file. Then clients checks this node, choose
the file he wants (base on what? previous jingle FT and this jinglepub
have no link)

For the file sharing feature:
we need to create a node for each contact we want to share files with
(or a public one)

But the way things are done is a bit strange. The feature was available
and working.
Removing a few lines in a XEP makes features no more available and
another depending XEP no more implementable and we now need to create
another XEP to workaround that.

--
Yann