[Standards] NEW: XEP-0359 (Unique and Stable Stanza IDs)

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Jul 15 15:12:04 UTC 2015

On 15.07.2015 10:12, Dave Cridland wrote:
> Can we add something into the security considerations for this document
> which discusses the exposure of the jid in "by", please?

I had the same though, but then discarded adding such a consideration
because the only JIDs worth protecting are the ones of clients. And
those don't have a need to set the 'by' value.

But, adding an explicit statement about (client) JID leaks can't hurt.
Noted for the next version bump of XEP-SID.

- Florian