[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Zero Handshake Server to Server Protocol

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Fri Jul 17 16:54:44 UTC 2015

Dave,

Thanks for your comments.   I have tried to address them, and will privately share my updates to verify that I have.

You noted " An alternate design (changing the wire protocol) would be to send, pipelined, the stream-open".       I can see the elegance in this, and will make the change if there is clear agreement that this is right.   At this stage,  I'm not making the change for two reasons:

1.   As you pointed out, it is not what we coded.

2.   We are aiming for constrained bandwidth, and the protocol works fine without sending this extra data.   Like other things not being sent, it can be treated as implicit.

Regards

Steve