[Standards] MAM and MUC archives

Mickaël Rémond mremond at process-one.net
Mon Jul 27 11:14:03 UTC 2015

Hello,

I need a few questions to clarify the behaviour of the MAM XEP in the
context of the MUC archives.

Are we supposed to send the MAM queries to the MUC service or to the
room itself ?

1. If we send to the MUC service, I think we need to send a with filter
to get message from a given room.
- What if the filter is not specified ? It does not make sense to return
messages from all rooms.
- What is the filter is a full JID, with the nick inside the room ?

2. If we send the query to the room itself.
- I guess it means each room must themselves somewhat advertised the
Archive service. It seems a bit strange as I would expect to have a
single service to talk to for my MUC archives
- The filter / with behaviour would still need to be clarified. Does it
really make sense to return only messages send by a given user ?

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net