[Standards] Move CSI to Last Call ("Proposed")

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Tue Jul 28 13:33:43 UTC 2015

* Christian Schudt <christian.schudt at gmx.de> [2015-07-28 10:22]:
> I think this has already been discussed once, but wouldn't it be more
> intuitive to use IQ semantics for this instead of sending a message
> which confirms the (de)activation?

+1 for an IQ. Basically just what google:queue does, with a properly
declared namespace and its own XEP.

IMO, the discussion about a session forced to be CSI-active after
resumption is only a workaround due to the fact that (in the current
XEP) the CSI change nonzas can not be reliably tracked by means of
XEP-0198. I can not see a real reason for how a stream resumption (i.e.
due to a mobile/wifi change) should affect CSI state (which is related
to the user interacting with the client).

I think it would be much cleaner to bind the CSI state to the session
(thus keeping it on session resumption), to use IQs for changing it
(thus allowing XEP-0198 resumption/replay to properly take care of
possible indication losses), and possibly also to require the server
implementation to flush all "queued" data before the iq response.

Georg