[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: HTTP File Upload

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Jul 30 18:21:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Philipp Hancke
<fippo at goodadvice.pages.de> wrote:
>>       On 30/07/2015 02:29, Sam Whited wrote:
>>       HTTP give  no advantage over Socks5, and doesn't do NAT traversal as
>> Jingle can do, and it's an other whole different server to maintain.

For the record, my name is a copy/paste error or typo in the quoted
message there: I did not write that statement. Goffi did :)

My position is that we should adopt HTTP File Upload with the
provision that it add support for specifying headers that the client
should send back, and possibly an IQ to fetch the GET URL later to
support file upload systems where the final file name is not known up
front (though this is less of a priority for me).

—Sam

--
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3