[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: HTTP File Upload

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Jul 31 20:17:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 1:25 AM, Mickaël Rémond <mremond at process-one.net> wrote:
> I think what we had implemented covers all this:
> https://github.com/processone/ejabberd-saas-docs/blob/master/http-filetransfer/http-filetransfer.md
>
> Here is what you have in mind ?
> Anything else missing ?

I don't see any mention of headers in your document, except for
Content-MD5, (though it does cover the case where you can request a
file's GET url from the server).

> If you want I can try to propose a patch on HTTP file upload proto XEP based
> on some of these ideas, but I would like to be sure this is helpful.

I'd like that, but I'm not sure if Daniel would :) I know he really
wants to keep it simple. I see generic headers as something that are
almost a requirement to make this useable though. Otherwise it only
works for the most simple cases (eg. small XMPP servers that want to
run their own simple storage).

—Sam

--
Sam Whited