[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Nonzas (are not Stanzas)

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Jun 4 07:39:44 UTC 2015

On 3 Jun 2015, at 16:02, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/nonza.html

I like short XEPs - much easier to scan through :)

The definition here seems potentially useful. I would add a ‘generally’ to 4 so that it becomes “...they are generally used in a more…”, so as not to be seen as prescriptive.

I’m not sure that the business rules in 5 are useful - particularly given that (2) then has to be clarified to already not apply in some cases. None of the current nonzas are routed, but it doesn’t seem impossible that one might be in the future, and I don’t see a reason to forbid it here. Noting that they’re not expected to be routed seems useful and sufficient, to me.

/K