[Standards] Implementation for XEP-0332: HTTP over XMPP transport

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Tue Jun 16 10:47:39 UTC 2015

On 16.06.2015 12:35, Thibaut Le Guilly wrote:
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why
> not?
>
> We have implemented a basic library providing HTTP over XMPP, available at:
> https://github.com/Tibo-lg/HTTPoverXMPP
>
> We would be interested in feedbacks and being kept up to date with this
> standard. Note that this library does not implement the full
> specifications, only a subset for now.

You are using a *very* old Smack version from 2009, which has known
security vulnerabilities. Newer Smack versions also come with a full
featured "HTTP over XMPP" (HOXT) API. I recommend that you update ASAP.
You should also consider using Smack's HOXT API, if it suits your needs,
instead of re-inventing the wheel.

- Florian