[Standards] {Core|Advanced} {Client|Server} 2015

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Thu Jun 18 06:17:10 UTC 2015

actually works pretty well. I know there's potential theoretical holes, but i suspect those are more plugged than not with 198 and MAM.

> So, the quality standard we are aiming for is pretty well, with the holes plugged by other XEPs :-)

Perfect being the enemy of pretty well, to paraphrase von Clausewitz.

In this case, pretty well means that for a user, the edge cases don't appear to get hit. Maybe I'm not experiencing them, though.

[Steve Kille]

So, we recognize that Carbons has “holes”.   It would seem useful to list the holes, and see if they can:

1.         Be (sensibly) addressed in Carbons ; or

2.       Be explicitly considered to be not worth addressing; or

3.       Better addressed another way

Do we have a list of the “holes”?   If not,  I think this is worth compiling.

Steve