[Standards] MUC2

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Jun 25 08:27:20 UTC 2015

Thinking a bit about the MUC2 stuff. MUC1 had Anon/semianon/nonanon. We’ve pretty much killed off fully anonymous rooms in MUC1.

Can people share their thoughts on usecases for semi-anon, please? It’s not entirely clear to me what these are (users who want anonymity seem to already be using throw-away JIDs to achieve that, instead of relying on MUC configuration).

There seems to be some significant merit in having MUCs always be non-anonymous in MUC2, to solve some of the addressing messes we’ve found ourselves in.

/K