[Standards] MUC2

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Jun 25 10:36:30 UTC 2015

On 25 Jun 2015, at 11:11, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
> As I understand this MUC2 should not rely replace the current MUC but provide an alternative.

Not really, the aim is to fix the issues MUC has, and produce something better that can be used in its place in the future.

> Someone who needs the full IRC-like feature set (large groups mostly with people you don't know personally) can still use MUC1.

Well, they can’t, because that’s one of the things that MUC1 scales quite badly at, with all the presences and traffic at login. Fixing that in MUC2 would be good.

> Yes. Plus that gives us the ability to not have private messages which are always a mess (carbons) - not sure if this is what you meant by addressing messes.

One of several things, yes.

/K