[Standards] Request HTTP upload slots over XMPP

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Tue Jun 30 17:45:01 UTC 2015

Hello Daniel

You could use XEP-0332, HTTP over XMPP, to do this. To upload content, simply perform a PUT, and you can then retrieve it using a normal GET.

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0332.html#PUT

If content is small, you can do the transfer in the same request. Otherwise, chunked service can be used, or integration with sipub, ibb and/or jingle as well, depending on capabilities.

Best regards,

Peter Waher