[Standards] XEP-0277: no link to original post in comment item + published/updated

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Tue May 5 21:01:23 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 16:59, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 21:28, Goffi wrote:
> Sorry I was not replying, I'm quite busy now, but am going to join you
> guys ASAP, unfortunately, got a flu now.

No worries, nice to see you back.

> Yes, I am aware of the issue but it can't be fixed before we have a good
> way to store XML in the metadata.

OK

>> 2) published/updated
>>
>> the <published/> and <updated/> elements are given by the publisher, he
>> can write anything he wants inside. I think that the server should
>> enforce these data, or we will have the same issues as in email like
>> mesages in the future (e.g. to appear first).
> Yes, I know about this. This was made purposely to make it possible, for
> instance, to import old blog posts from different source.

Would it be possible to allow enforcement as an option ? An admin can
decide to import old blogs, but an user should not be able to fake it,
or at least not in every situations.

I think an implementation note should say that the publisher or updated
field can be modified by the pubsub service, depending on the
implementation/configuration. This way a client can expect to have a
published/updated field changed by the server.

cheers
Goffi