[Standards] XEP-0277: no link to original post in comment item + published/updated

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Wed May 6 10:50:23 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 09:08, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
> actually, when we got such a place some links like a comment node will
> go there too.

I'm waiting to see a spec to see exactly what you have in mind...

> If you think it's necessary on your service you can force it on your
> pubsub but I don't see why to add such a restriction on the XEP level,
> it's just too strict (and not really possible for 277).

No no, I don't want to enforce this. I just talk about a mention in
"implementation note" to explain that the payload MAY change, so the
client can expect to see something a bit different from what he sent.
But as you said after, maybe it would make more sens elsewhere (XEP-0060 ?)

> Well, we need another filtering entity here (I said about necessity of
> it long time ago), which also will be used to filtering spam (or obscene
> words), this way client should always expect that the payload can be
> modified, but again this is not about 277, I believe.

you would add an intermediate between the client and the pubsub service ?